If you would like to maximize the benefits of self-reflection, ask yourself questions that provoke your mind and force you to reconsider the way you live and the way you look at the world. The best questions to ask usher in a new perspective and remind us who we are, as well as who we aspire to be. They are questions that tend to become inner voices of wisdom, guiding us through the turbulent journey of life.
These 30 thought-provoking questions I am sharing with you today have no right or wrong answers. Asking them is the answer.
1. Who am I really?
2. What worries me most about the future?
3. If this were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?
4. What am I really scared of?
5. Am I holding on to something I need to let go of?
6. If not now, then when?
7. What matters most in my life?
8. What am I doing about the things that matter most in my life?
9. What do I matter?
10. Have I done anything lately worth remembering?
11. Have I made someone smile today?
12. What have I given up on?
13. When did I last push the boundaries of my comfort zone?
14. If I had to instill one piece of advice in a newborn baby’s mind, what advice would I give?
15. What small act of kindness was I once shown that I will never forget?
16. How shall I live, knowing I will die?
17. What do I need to change about myself?
18. Is it more important to love or be loved?
19. How many of my friends would I trust with my life?
20. Who has had the greatest impact on my life?
21. Would I break the law to save a loved one?
22. Would I steal to feed a starving child?
23. What do I want most in life?
24. What is life calling of me?
25. Which is worse: failing or never trying?
26. If I try to fail, and succeed, which have I done?
27. What’s the one thing I’d like others to remember about me at the end of my life?
28. Does it really matter what others think about me?
29. To what degree have I actually controlled the course my life has taken?
30. When it’s all said and done, will I have said more than I’ve done?